ISRO is currently accepting applications for another free online course offered by its center, the Indian Institute for Remote Sensing (IIRS). The course entitled “The Usefulness of Remote Sensing and GIS for Environmental Studies” is offered to students. The course lasts approximately five days and will run from July 26 to 30, 2021. Participants of this online course may also receive an ISRO certificate.
The course is open to all students of Indian schools in grades 10, 11 and 12. The main focus of the course will be on the principles of remote sensing and geographic information system and their applications for environmental studies. Interested students should apply for the course through the IIRS Edusat portal by July 20, 2021.
Objective of ISRO’s Free Online Course on Remote Sensing Technology for Students
The course, according to ISRO, aims to educate students about remote sensing technology and its use for the study of planet Earth and its environment through lectures and informative demonstrations. Remote sensing and GIS technology can be used to understand the intricacies of the environment. “Exposing the knowledge on the use of satellite data via GIS and image processing software in environmental sciences has a great significance as it would help the students to understand the importance of remote sensing, then in taking professional decision â, indicates the notification.
Important Details of ISRO’s Free Online Course in Remote Sensing Technology
Students at participating schools should be aware of the following important details regarding ISRO’s free online course in Remote Sensing Technology:
- This course is reserved for students in classes 10 to 12. Students belonging to upper or lower classes as well as professionals cannot register.
- Each day there will be two online lectures of 45 minutes each, one at 10:00 a.m. and another at 12:00 p.m.
- The lectures will be broadcast live on the IIRS Youtube channel.
- Participating students will be allowed to ask questions via the YouTube chat box after a five-minute break after the lecture, and a few questions will be answered by the faculty during the ten-minute question-and-answer session.
- Students will also have to answer a quiz each day, which will be based on the two lectures that will be given.
- The lectures will also be uploaded to the IIRS LMS Portal every day at 3 p.m. during the course, where students will again be able to view the recorded lectures by logging into the LMS Portal with the credentials sent by email. when registering for the course,
How to register for ISRO’s free online course in remote sensing technology
Interested students should apply through the Official page before July 20, 2021. Here are some of the details that will be needed to complete the form:
- Name of students and their parents.
- Date of birth and gender.
- Student cell phone number, Aadhaar number and email address.
- The student’s photo must be uploaded in jpeg format.
- Name, first name, e-mail address, telephone number of the school of the participating students.
- A captcha code will then need to be entered to successfully submit the form.
Once students have successfully applied for the course, they will receive login information for the Learning Management System portal on their email address, therefore students should be sure to provide the correct address. E-mail.
How to get an ISRO certificate for a free online course
Participating students will have to attempt a quiz based on the two lectures given each day, which will also be downloaded before 3 p.m. and will be available until 10 a.m. the next day. An ISRO certificate for the free online course will only be awarded if the total quiz score is at least 55% by the end of the course. Participating students are advised to go through the course brochure in detail before submitting applications.